Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"OMG" ! That's what's up!

So the other day I was taking lunch with my girlfriend on Beverly Drive off of Charleville in Beverly Hills and she pointed out to me the conversation these two approximately 6 year old kids were having. The older sister was telling the younger brother "Maybe instead of 'o my god' we should use 'OMG'". Now I know we are the home growers of trend setters here in Los Angeles, but this goes to show the impact of the Internet (social networking / dating / entertainment) on us. Vint Cert (founder of the Internet's TCP/IP) who holds the position of Internet Evangelist at Google pointed out during his conference on Tracking the Internet into the 21st Century that the next generation of Internet users will be introduced to the Internet via mobile devices. While Googooling around "the future of social networking" I eventually got led to Danah Boyd's blog and found this interesting article on Why Youth (Heart) Social Network Sites:
The Role of Networked Publics in Teenage
Social Life
where she points out a quote on teenagers not existing for their friends if they don't have a Myspace.

No comments: